Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Fife!

Well, here we go again! I really stink at keeping a blog, but now that we have something more exciting to post about other than school and work, I should be better about keeping on top of things. ;)

That is, if the pregnancy symptoms don't slow me down too much...

Yep, we're expecting! Hoozah!

Not many people know, but this isn't the first time I've been pregnant. I got pregnant in April, but suffered an early miscarriage. It was really tough, but with Scott's support I got through it. And because it happened so fast, it was much easier to deal with - I was only a few weeks along so I hadn't even had time to grasp the fact that I was preggers before it was over.

But apparently we aren't going to struggle too much with conceiving because two months later we got another positive! (actually...the two times we tried we succeeded in conceiving so we should probably be careful in the future or we'll end up with some surprises lol)


Here are my pregnancy tests. When I took the first one I freaked out because of how faint the second line is - I was paranoid after having just suffered a miscarriage and I thought either I'd taken the test too early or I was miscarrying again. So when I took the second test with the same result I was really confused. See, it finally hit me that if I was miscarrying, the FIRST line would be faint, not the second. So I did a little investigating and discovered that the reason the SECOND line is faint is because I have so much pregnancy hormone its pulling the dye away from the second line into the first. In other words - I was DEFINITELY pregnant. I took the third test to confirm and set up an appointment with the doctor. 8)



Here are some tummy pics. 8) The first was taken at 9 1/2 weeks, the second is at 15 weeks and the last was taken today at 17 1/2 weeks. So I am growing...interesting lol. If I push out I can look REALLY pregnant. It amuses me.

Things are going well though! I still get sick now and then, but that's mostly due to my rampant migraines. UGH. I won't go into the grisly details, but I have had some unpleasant bathroom episodes where I've lost several breakfasts. But it could be worse! At least its not everyday! One morning I had to go into work early, so Scott drove me. I woke with a terrible migraine but I figured I could make it to work. Well on the way there, I knew I was gonna lose it. So I made Scott pull over and I threw up on the side of the road. Luckily it was just water, but Scott still didn't kiss me goodbye hahah! Poor guy.


Here are our 9 week ultrasounds. Our next appointment is on the 27th of September, and when we go we can set up the appointment for our BIG ULTRASOUND where we'll find out the sex of our little Fife! We're super excited! We don't care what it is, but neither of us has any inclination as to what it might be. So it'll be a fun surprise! We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I can not wait to find out what you're having!!! SO excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats again!!! I'm 99% positive that I told you on F.B. too, but it's ok :)

    It's exciting to see everyone growing up, and havin' babies-- and I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete