Monday, August 26, 2013

Other Notable Happenings

Here are a few more things we did through my pregnancy that I want to make mention of.

Christmas!
We had a wonderful and quiet Christmas. Here are some pictures throughout the season.
 




 





Kim got tickets for me, her mom, Steph, herself and Rachael to go see Disney on Ice for Rach’s birthday! I have to admit, I was SO excited to see it hahah. I’ve never had a chance to go before and was really excited to see what it was all about. On Wednesday March 6th they came and got me and we went to Crown Burger for dinner. Then we walked over to Energy Solutions Arena for the show. It was so dang cute! It was a Princess themed one…I can’t remember the exact name. Maybe ‘Dreams Come True’? That sounds Disney-ish, right? Anyway, they went through The Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, and Tangled. They were all fun to watch and I couldn’t help being impressed by the skater’s abilities to perform wearing such large costumes! I know I had a blast and Rach did too!






We celebrated Rachael’s actual birthday on St. Patrick’s Day. We went and had dinner and cake and ice cream at their house and it was a lot of fun!


My grandpa Wright decided he would give all the grandkids named after him (His name is Bevan) a gun. Well, my youngest brother is named Brydger Bevan, so he should have been the only one given a gun. However my older sister was able to persuade my grandpa to give her a gun too, so then he started giving everyone guns. (Of course he gave Brydger a really nice one, since he still is a ‘Bevan’ hahah) He finally came down and handed them out to me and my siblings who hadn’t yet received one. I got a Marlin .22 rifle. It’s pretty sweet. And here’s a picture of Brydger and Ryker watching TV with their guns!

 
My dad got tickets to a BYU basketball game for March 25th and took Brydger, Ryker, Taylor, Natalie, me and Scott. It had been a long time since I’d been to a BYU basketball game! But it was so much fun! And they totally won!


 
On February 16th I cut my hair! I love it short!



For mother’s day, May 12th, we went to Music and the Spoken word with my family. It’s becoming a tradition for us to go on Mother’s Day - I believe this was our second year going and we hope to continue the tradition! It was a lot of fun! My family then came to our sacrament meeting afterwards since our chapel was only a couple of minutes away from Temple Square. Scott and I stopped to see Kyden, then we spent the rest of Sunday with our families. It was a beautiful day!



 
My work had a night at the Bee’s Game and they did a drawing for throwing out the first pitch. I asked Scott if he wanted me to enter for him, and he said yes – so I did. Well, a few days before the game I found out that my name had been drawn! Scott was so excited! We got to the game early and about a half hour before the game started we went down to the front office where they’d tell us what to do. Turns out there were three other people throwing out first pitches for different groups, so there were quite a few people there. After waiting about 15 minutes, they took us out to the field and told the throwers how it’d work. It was pretty cool going in the dugout and being out on the field – I’ve never done anything like that before. Scott was the last one to throw and the guy catching didn’t seem to be ready for someone to throw hard at him hahah. The ball went past him, and he seemed pretty mad at himself but it was all good. Scott had a good time and it was a fun experience! The Bee’s ended up losing, but there was a fireworks show afterward, so that was fun to watch!




On May 22nd Ryker got his mission call! We were so excited! He’ll be serving in the Equador Quito North Mission! I can’t believe my second-to-youngest brother is old enough to go on a mission! Crazy! He leaves in October.
 
 
We'll finish off with baby-related images!
Our stroller that I absolutely LOVE


I made this for the baby's "nursery". He doesn't actually have a nursery, but I needed to make him something anyway!
 
 
This is how I announced our pregnancy at work on February 4, 2013
 
 
December 11, 2012
 
 
December 17, 2012


December 25, 2012
 
 
December 31, 2012
 
 
January 28, 2012


 February 1, 2013


 March 8, 2013


March 26, 2013


March 31, 2013 (Easter!)
 

 (More Easter Pictures!)


April 28, 2013


May 5, 2013


May 12, 2013
 


No comments:

Post a Comment