Within
this time I without-a-doubt began feeling the baby. I couldn’t tell for sure
before this. I thought I felt flutterings here and there, but because Kyden was
so different it was like being pregnant for the first time – I didn’t really
know what to look for. I remember the first time I felt this baby move from the
inside AND out. I was sitting on the couch quietly, feeling the gentle bumps
from inside, when I decided to see if it was for real or just my imagination. I
pushed on the spot where I was feeling the bumps and “BOP”. I felt a rather strong
bump on my hand. It caught me off guard and I kind of yelped and pulled my hand
away because I hadn’t really expected to feel anything! I started laughing at
myself and felt so excited that I could actually feel him moving around!
It
didn’t take long for Scott to feel him either. One night Scott had his legs
resting on my lower belly and I could feel the baby kicking him hahah. I don’t
think Scott felt it but I sure did!
As
the weeks have gone and he’s grown bigger, so have the kicks! He’s a very
active little boy and kicks throughout the day. Luckily he doesn’t usually
squirm at night unless I happen to sleep in later than he’s used to (so on
Saturdays). Then I wake up to him kicking up a storm. He’s kicked Scott in the
back a few times when we were sleeping too if I cuddle too close, which makes
me laugh.
It
also didn’t take long before I could SEE his movements. I’m not sure I’ll ever
get used to seeing my stomach bump and jiggle the way it does when he’s dancing
around in there. It’s amazing to feel and see and just imagine what he’s doing
in there! I wish I could watch him!
On
February 14th I celebrated my 27th birthday. I always
imagined having 3 kids or so by the time I was 27. I’ve only had one and he’s
in heaven, with #2 on the way. I’m not complaining, it’s just funny how life
can turn out so differently than we expect it to. We didn’t do a whole ton to
celebrate. Scott and I went to Joe’s Crab Shack for dinner. It’s kind of our
go-to restaurant for celebrations since that’s where we ate on our honeymoon.
Because we get off work fairly early the restaurant was almost empty, so that
was nice on Valentine’s Day. We both enjoyed it and when we were leaving the
crowds started coming – so it was perfect timing!
After
we ate we went and visited Kyden. We don’t visit him as often as we did leading
up to his 1 year birthday. Not because we don’t love him or want to forget him.
It’s just…hard. And we know he isn’t there. He’s plenty busy in heaven. We just
feel he’d want us to keep busy, so we have. But we stop to see him on special
occasions.
Now,
I’m not much of a cake fan. Not that I don’t like it, but when it’s just the
two of us I didn’t feel getting an entire cake would be very practical. So we
stopped at Baskin Robins to get me my favorite ice cream – BUBBLE GUM! Since
you can’t find it in stores, I only get it every now and then, but man do I
love it!
After
we got home we opened my presents. He got me some wonderful things – maternity
clothes (I needed some pretty desperately!), an itunes card, a new teakettle
(my old one was disgusting)…and some other things. My mind just went blank. I
also got baby clothes, diapers, a stuffed Tigger, and maternity clothes from my
parents and Scott’s parents. It was such a wonderful birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment