Monday, August 26, 2013

The Foy Family Visits!

March was quite an exciting month! Why? Because my sister Brittney and her family came to visit for two whole weeks from Oklahoma! Well, her husband Sterling couldn’t stay the entire time (booo work!) but we did get to see him on the weekends!

Britt and I are best friends – we shared the same room clear up through most of college. So her living in Oklahoma and me in Utah can be trying at times. It’s always hard not being able to sit and chat. But thank goodness for phones and other technology that allows us to be in each other’s lives!

Scott and I traveled down to my parent’s house on Saturday to see them for the first time after they arrived. It was our first time finally getting to meet Halley! I couldn’t believe how big all three of her kids were – they’re growing way too fast! They each have their own personality too and it was so fun to watch them playing with their cousins Micah and Kiah.

We really enjoyed getting to sit and chat with Britt and Sterling and the rest of our family too. It’s always a little overwhelming how many of us there are now, what with the addition of spouses and grandkids! But it’s so fun!

I obviously didn’t get to spend the full two weeks with her – Scott and I work full time so we could only take so much time off. So I’ll just touch on the main events!

I can’t remember what day, but Kyden’s Molly Bear arrived while Brittney was here! <a href=”http://mollybears.com/”>Mollybears</a> is a non-profit organization that provides grieving families with a teddy bear representing their lost child. It weighs the same as their child did. You can ask for special customizations too – all I asked for was the color blue and a lamb be included however possible. They gave his bear a blue bow and a little lamb applique on his foot. I ADORE it! It weighs as much as Kyden did too – 3lbs, 7oz. Sweet little thing.
 

 
Thursday March 14th I took off of work to hang out with Britt and my mom. We went down to Provo to visit BYU since none of us had been there in so long. Britt and I used to work custodial at the Marriott Center and we went by to visit our old supervisors. It was a lot of fun! They’ve changed a lot since we were there (a lot can happen in…five years. Wow, its been that long?) We watched the men’s basketball team practice and took a walk down to the floor to see the new women’s locker room. The basketball team came out and said hi as they passed, as well as the coach. Britt’s kids seemed to enjoy it a lot too! It brought back so many memories! Good ol’ BYU. 

 

 
 
Friday March 15th was Schy’s birthday! I took Friday off too in order to help Britt get things ready for my baby shower planned for the following day. But Friday evening we went to a surprise birthday party for Schyleur. It was at Emily’s parent’s house and all of her siblings and our siblings were there. Schy was extremely surprised to walk in the house and see us all there and we had such a blast surprising him! Emily made some super yummy cafĂ© rio-esque burritos and we all stuffed our faces! Then we played a music based jeopardy game, girls vs. boys. It was really fun even though I knew hardly any of the answers. But I was the one who got the final jeopardy question for our team! Unfortunately, the boys got it too and barely beat us…but it was still fun!

I stayed the night that night and me, Cam, Britt and my mom stayed up until like 2am finishing preparations for the baby shower.
 
 
Saturday March 16th we got up nice and early – I think we got maybe four hours of sleep hahah. And we headed to the church to start setting up. Britt decided to throw me a baby shower a few months before her visit and she wanted it to be a surprise. However I accidentally spoiled it for her. I was sitting at work one day when the thought struck that we should do a baby shower when Britt came to town so she could be there for it. So I texted her to ask if she thought March was too early to have a baby shower for a baby due in June. She called me maybe thirty seconds after I sent the text and the first thing she said was “I’m mad at you” (Or something along those lines…it might have been I hate you but that seems too strong hahah) I was a little taken aback and asked why. Then she told me she was already planning one for me! So…I ruined the surprise!

But it turned out fine in the end because she needed my help with the guest list and I helped with decorations and stuff too.

Because this was our Rainbow baby, Britt decided we should do a rainbow themed baby shower! It turned out FANTASTIC! It was SO much fun doing the decorations and food and everything! We had so much help and it was just awesome. And we had a great turnout and we’re SO grateful for the love and support we received! This baby is so loved! And thanks to Kim and Steph for taking pictures for us!!!








 





 

 
 
 






On Friday March 22nd we did family pictures. It’s not very often we’re all together as a family so we try to do pictures whenever we do get together. It was a lot of fun! We ended up going to a family in our ward that has a photography business. They did a fantastic job! Afterwards we all went out to eat and got to hang out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't remember when we took these, but it was towards the end of their visit. Brittney and Sterling got to visit Kyden's grave. They hadn't seen it before. And we took a picture of me at 28 weeks, 5 days - which is how far along I was when Kyden was born sleeping. I believe this was taken March 22nd...
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment